This is necessary for when a Client would like to appeal a district court order or judgment.
- 1. Make sure the district court order or judgment is appealable. If not, you must petition for permission to appeal.
- i. Make sure the matter is appealable according to Minn. R. App. P. 103.03.
- 2. Make sure that you have sixty (60) days from the time of the entry of judgment or notice of filing of the order to file the appeal.
- 3. Prepare a Statement of the Case. Taken from Minnesota Form 133.
- 4. Prepare a Notice of Appeal. Taken from Minnesota Form 103A.
- 5. File a copy of the notice of appeal with the trial (district) court administrator.
- 6. File the following documents with the appellate court: