Phillip Aitken - joined Drewes Law in August 2017 as a Legal Assistant & Case Manager
- Organizes files including reconciling Basecamp, Dropbox, Shared Contacts, and physical folders.
- Assists in organizing physical case files, office administration, and other administrative duties as directed by attorneys.
- Reviews files weekly in order to ensure timely follow-up.
- Keeps track of case deadlines.
- Requests and retrieves background information and missing documentation for files.
- Scans and analyzes incoming mail, faxes, and other correspondence.
- Follows up with missed calls, messages, and e-mails from Clients when Jon is unavailable.
- Follows up with Clients' wants, needs, and concerns.
Law Clerk / Legal Assistant
- Drafts correspondence as directed by attorneys.
- Prepares template packages to assist attorneys in caring for Clients' files, including preparation of mediation binders, motion hearing binders, loan modification packages, and courtesy copy mailings.
- Prepares initial drafts of pleadings, discovery requests and responses, motion papers, and settlement papers as requested by attorneys.
- Assists with factually-intensive discovery review, such as cataloging and creating spreadsheet inventories to organize case information provided by Clients or opposing parties.
- Coordinates service of process on defendants we sue.
- Obtains court records, including certified copies, from various courts as directed by attorneys.
- Creates tutorial websites for streamlining references and future training purposes.
- Drafts letters upon the instruction and guidance of other staff.
- Drafts and edits legal documents such as a summons, subpoena, and “discovery” requests, upon the instruction and guidance of other staff.
- Proofreads the writing of other employees, for spelling and grammar.
- Researches legal issues and thinks creatively as to how to best serve Clients' needs.
- Performs general office work such as scanning, mailing, and running errands.
- Assists in designing Keynote slides for presentations.
- Searches and acquires title records.
- E-files in state court.
- Drafts lis pendens.
- Drafts notice of motion and motion, affidavits, and proposed orders.
- Drafts purchase and joint ownership agreements.
- Drafts deeds.